Tuesday 7 June 2016

Complete Skin Care Routine for Instant Glow

After getting pegged by many women for my post pregnancy skin care routine, I have decided to provide a complete guide that helped me to keep my skin soft and supple. Do read till end and check disclaimer


To start off let me introduce my skin type: My face has been a battling ground ever since puberty hit its peak. It has been acne prone, very sensitive ultimately providing me with a combination skin. My T-zone is oily but rest of the face very dry. So over years of slaying the quality of my skin by using every skin product available in market, finally I have found my comfort in below products that made my skin’s quality is way better than what it was before.Some products act as God to your skin. I do not any skin problem anymore but the battles do leave scars, don’t’ they?

So without ranting anymore I would jump to the why, how and what products I use currently:

Cleanser:
Usually I wash my face with a facewash (Cetaphil is best) but twice to thrice a week I use cleanser as well which imparts extra glow. Basically it unclogs pores and removes any dirt or makeup left on the facial skin. Face wash does the same and in fact cleans skin more properly but leaves it a bit dry.

Products:
Cetaphil lotion facewash should be used as per your skin type.
For cleanser, invest in natural or herbal ones like Ayur, VLCC or Lotus. Currently I have been using VLCC cleansing milk for ‘normal to dry skin’.



How to apply:
Wash your hands. Take cleanser in generous amount in your palm. Apply to your face in circular motion, massaging gently the forehead, nose, chin and cheeks. Do it for 3-5 minutes and wipe it off with cotton and then wash your face once with just water.

Result:
The skin feels soft, supple and has added sheen on cheeks.


Toner:
Usually once your pores are open after cleansing, the toner is meant to close the cleaned pores and tighten your skin. Well this is what science of beauty says but since my skin is sensitive I always end up having burning sensation and overly dry skin. Hence I limit use of toner or just quickly clean within seconds. You can be a better judge of your skin and how long to use the toner.

Products:
Any rose water toner works best. Currently I use VLCC Rose Water toner.

How to apply:
Take toner on cotton and dab over your face very quickly but gently. I usually do it for 5 to 10 seconds as if I keep it longer it burns my skin. There are days when my regime sans toner. L

Result:
The skin feels tight and fresh.


Moisturiser:
This is the ultimate step of all times. Every makeup bag is incomplete without a moisturizer. Choosing the right one can change a lot about your skin.

Products:
Since I have a combination skin on my face - oily t-zone, super dry cheeks and sensitive overall, the products that work best for me are ‘Clean&Clear  Oil Free Moisturiser’ and the ‘The Body Shop Vitamin C Glow Boosting Moisturiser’. The Body Shop Moisturiser is very costly but it imparts glow to my skin.Vitamin C is a good skin food.




How to apply:
I use two moisturisers for best results. First I use the Clean&Clear Moisturiser  as it is very light and effective, then after 10 seconds or so I use the Vitamin C moisturizer that adds a perfect glow to my skin.
Put 1 or 2 spots of moisturiser on each area – forehead, nose and chin and a little more on cheeks. Massage gently with clean hands for a minute or so.

Result:
Dull and dirty face transforms into clean, soft and radiant.

DISCLAMER:
The above skin care regime is completely based on writer’s perspective and may not be suitable to others. Kindly test every product before using it. Kindly check ingredients of products before purchasing.

The writer is not responsible for any damage to any other skin type. 

No comments:

Post a Comment